New Illustration

I just thought I'd show my latest illustration... this is part of a personal project which will become a handmade book when it's finished. It started just as an experiment, when a friend passed on a short story for me to see if I was interested in doing some illustrations for it. This new illustration is number 10 out of 11 double-page spreads... all black & white pencil drawings. When I've finished the final drawing we plan to make handmade copies to sell on Etsy. The other illustrations can be seen at my website: http://katrionachapman.squarespace.com/the-bird-series/the-bird-series/

2 Comentários:

carlacryptic said...

I followed the link to your website and was thrilled to see the level and breadth of your work. Love what you do with pencils and watercolor both. Most of all, I love the perspective you take on many of your pieces - it's an unusual one and I love that in someone with your level of talent and skill. What I mean shows really well in, for example, 'Sorgue' and 'Hammock' in your Sketchbook section and the 'Bird-2' in the Bird series, not to mention 'Myth of Obatala' in the Non-fiction illustrations section. Many more of course, but those show what I mean well. Anyway, I'm glad I found your work through Illustration Dust, which I found through Flickr! Love the internet. :)

Katriona said...

Hi Carla,

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you liked my artwork. Yes, isn't the internet great?! It looks like you have lots going on blog-wise... I'll have a look in more detail when I have a moment!

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Illustration dust ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO