New Work from Rachel: Illustrations for Amelia's Magazine - 'Inside The Book Club'

I was asked to illustrate an article about The Book Club bar in Shoreditch- a really great place that I went to recently; they put on great events all the time so if you're ever around that part of London, I suggest you see what's on. This thursday they're running the Come Get Felt Up night which sounds so much fun!

I was supplied photos and told to put my stamp on them; I really enjoyed doing these and am so pleased with how they came out - I haven't done line drawings with collage for a lonnng time and they've ended up summing up the place well I think. It's really eclectic and so much creativity goes on in there, but it's also very grungy in feel - low ceilings, warehouse-y, exposed bricks, rooms leading onto others etc, so I wanted to get that across too. I also cheekily put my own artwork in the frames on the walls! Ha. I wish ;) It's a bar primarily, but it also holds club nights, life drawing classes, club nights with live DJs, it's got a table tennis table and pool tables, they serve food (gooood food), it's pretty damn awesome.

1 Comentário:

Oscar said...

You should ask them to put some of your artwork there for real :)

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Illustration dust ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO